1 Regents Street, Clifton, Bristol BS8 4HW
64-66 St. Marks Road, Easton, Bristol BS5 6JH
12 York Road, Montpelier, Bristol BS6 5QE
Tobacco Factory, North Street, Southville, Bristol BS3 1TF
1 William Street, Totterdown, Bristol BS3 4TU
Thali started as a street food truck at Glastonbury Festival after founder Jim Pizer travelled to India and fell in love with the food.
India have been promoting the vegan way of life for the last 1,000 years and whilst it’s not widespread across the UK, it’s certainly featuring more and more in our diets. Do not fear though – whether you’re committed to the vegan way of life, or you’re testing it out for ‘Veganuary’, here at Thali we’ve got you covered.
Let me give you the lowdown on our ‘Vegan Variety’:
- Pea Kachoris with Pickled Onions – garden peas spiced with cinnamon, black pepper and ginger, wrapped in atta pastry.
- Aloo Bondas – spiced mashed potato balls in chickpea batter.
- NEW Baingan Paturi – baked aubergine, wrapped in a banana leaf, served with Keralan samba, crunchy salad and tomato & tamarind chutney.
- Pumpkin and Coconut Olan – sweet roasted pumpkin in a coconut, black-eyed bean and curry leaf sauce.
- Masala Fried Potatoes – fried spiced potatoes coated in chickpea batter, served with tomato and tamarind chutney.
- Chocolate and Coconut tort– super rich, delicious chocolate and coconut tort, adorned with coconut shavings.
For us, veganism should never mean a compromise on taste; instead it’s an opportunity to discover a whole new world of ingredients and flavours.